Welcome to Job Seekers!
We're glad you're here and look forward to getting to know you better!
If you also want a mentor for individual coaching, you must complete our Orientation Program. Scroll down for more information ...
We offer a structured process to guide you through your job search or career transition:
🤔 Self-Assessment. In this foundational step, you will re-discover your core strengths and get clear on your goals – be it find a new job, become a consultant, start a new business, or pursue some other career alternative.
✍️ Self-Description. Once you have more defined goals and have identified your skills and strengths, you’ll start to develop your “stories” – descriptions of key milestones in your life that demonstrate aspects of your successes, and also how you may have overcome challenges as well. These will be used in your resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letters, “elevator pitch” and interview answers.
🎯 Search Planning. With more clarity on who you are and what you want, you can begin to research target industries, companies, job opportunities, and key inside contacts. With research in hand and objectives identified, we move to plotting a course for ways to learn about your target companies or jobs and to find people who can help you get in the door.
💪 Skill Building. Learn best practices for networking and interviewing, then practice, practice, practice! In the mirror, with your Mentor, or by recording yourself on your smartphone. As part of the process of applying for a job, you’ll want to use networking meetings to find out as much as you can about the company or key people, its challenges, and its culture – so you are comfortable and fully prepared during potentially multiple interviews along the way.
💲 Job Offer & Negotiation. Congratulations, you got an offer! Should you take it? During this phase, Mentors are available to help discuss offers, options, and potential negotiating strategies to optimize your offer and future on-the-job experience. You’ll want to start thinking about your First 90 Days Workplan too.
In addition to the above process, Mentors are able to also discuss Career Alternatives as requested. For example, perhaps you want to open your own business, become a contractor or consultant, or make the switch to a meaningful volunteer opportunity. Some Mentors are able to help you decide if a job or a business is the right next-step for you and point you in the right direction if you decide to go the business route.
Want a Mentor?
Follow these steps if you want to work with a mentor (which other job seekers have found incredibly helpful):
Step 1: Indicate your interest
- Complete this confidential Job Seeker Input Form to provide your contact information, reasons for wanting to work with us, and other information that helps us to better assist you.
Step 2: Complete our Orientation process
Note: This step is required for all new job seekers, and for those returning after a 2+ year absence
- Sign and return the Job Seeker Guidelines. You may print, sign, scan, or take a photo and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Orientation Packet to see an overview of the program and get the self-assessment homework.
- Attend Orientation, in person or via Zoom.
- Check the Events page for logistics and calendar information. Orientation is offered both in-person and online. It starts just after the Monday meetings, ~10-11am.
- Complete the Self-Assessment homework. Be ready to share your Self-Assessment Summary Table with your mentor at your first meeting.
BONUS: Join our private LinkedIn Group for job seekers!